Do you need a new website, but you're not sure where to start? And now you're wondering about these seemingly simple website builders, from Wix, Weebly, Squarespace. You wonder if that's all you need, or whether you need to go with something more robust?
Well, I have a very unique perspective on this. I've been designing websites since 1998, and after hundreds and hundreds of websites, including over 150 websites for integrative health practitioners just like you, I know a thing or two about what it takes to create a website that really works, that really fills your practice predictably with ideal patients.
So what typically happens when a practitioner goes out and looks for a web designer? They'll find a web designer, they agree on the price, and the web designer typically says "Of course I can build your website for your practice".
But what they don't tell you, is that they're really looking to you to be the guiding force, to be in the driver's seat, and tell them what you want.
What content do you want? What pages do we need? Who is writing the copy? Who's doing the lead maintenance, email marketing, right? They're not asking you any of this, they expect you to tell them that this is what you want them to build.
And so, invariably what happens is that, 18 months later, the website is finally launching. It is full of practitioner-centric copy, full of copy about your services, your credentials. It looks like every other website out there. And the fact is, it's not working.
Because, the people that come to your website are rarely in a position where they're ready to transact.
Only 2% of first-time website visitors are actually signing up for a consultation. So, you really have to nurture the other 98%. And those 98%, they're not even ready to become your patient.
So, they're just testing the waters, and what they primarily need to see on your website is not your services you're offering, your credentials.
What they need to see, is "How can you help me?"
Are you addressing the problem that I have? So, the better you articulate the problem that you can help them solve, the more engagement you will create. And what you want to do there, is because most people are not ready to sign up for a phone consultation, is capture the email address.
So, my measure of success for a health practice website is, how well are you capturing people's email addresses? Because, if you don't capture the email addresses, you have no way to stay in touch with them and deliver the next touchpoints.
And we know, it takes on average, 7 to 10 touch points to go from a NO, to a YES.
The NO typically means, "No, not right now", or "No, not yet".
So, you have to first earn your right to count them as a patient.
For you to nurture them, you need to send them emails, maybe videos.
The only way you can send them emails is if you have their email address. So, this is why you need lead magnets.
So when it comes to hiring a web designer for your integrative health practice website, you should ask them a couple of questions.
So, I hope you can see why those ingredients are critical, and why most web designers are not asking the right questions.
So if you enjoyed this content and you want more of it, make sure you go ahead and...
If you want other practitioners just like you be able to access this information, this knowledge, make sure to you use the share buttons below to share it with someone that means the most to you.
Remember, as practitioners, it’s our job help more people understand what we do, allowing us to evolve the future of healthcare.
Our team is here to take care of your marketing strategy and technology, so you can focus on what you do best... helping patients create optimal health and resolve underlying issues.
As a trusted partner for many practitioners and organizations (like the Evolution of Medicine and the Institute For Functional Medicine), we know exactly what you need to create a consistent stream of patients.
Practitioners need to leverage technology so they can spend their precious time with only those prospects that are ready to work with them in a 1-on-1 relationship.
That's why we developed our proprietary framework to help you attract, nurture and convert the right prospects into patients leveraging patient pipelines, text message marketing and detailed tracking.
Unlike other web designers, our team has deep expertise so you don't have to explain what you need build... why not tap into our team's collective insights from working with many of today's top practitioners?
We have a proven all-in-one technology framework that replaces close to a dozen softwares such as ActiveCampaign, Clickfunnels, Calendly, Teachable, Kajabi, LeadQuizzes and more.