Welcome to video 3 in our series on how to establish yourself as the preeminent health provider – so it’s easier for you to enroll new patients, patients indeed see the value of your services, and you can charge what you’re worth.
In this video, we’ll talk about the three things that you’ll need to accomplish on your website to be seen as the expert that you are, but if you haven’t yet watched the previous videos, you might want to watch those first for better context on what preeminence is, and how to establish it on social media.
The overarching idea of preeminence is to establish yourself and your practice as THE solution that your audience has been looking for all along. And in the absence of your ideal patients meeting you face-to-face, they will use your content – what you post on social media and on your website- as a substitute to determine whether you are the expert they’ve been looking for.
In many ways, attracting clients or patients into your practice is very much like dating: there’s a process of courtship, of evaluating each other, and moving from an initial encounter to a series of dates.
So how do you get to a first date?
Well, you’ve got to look the part, you got to say the right things, and you got to get their phone number – but for you it’s their email. No way to contact them, then no first date. Makes sense, right?
Same with your website. The goal isn’t to propose marriage on that first visit to your website, but to get to a first date.
To accomplish that, #1 – your website needs to look the part. So it can’t look like it was designed in 2004 – because your audience may falsely assume that you haven’t updated your clinical knowledge either.
#2 – you need to say the right things. Just like when you first meet someone in person, you can’t just talk about yourself the entire time… that’s a surefire way to NOT score a first date.
And yet, that’s exactly what 98% of health practitioners do on their website – they predominantly talk about their services, their credentials, their background as if 100% of their website visitors are ready to “buy” right now.
The reality is, only 2% of your visitors fall into that category – so you’re saying the wrong things to 98% of your website visitors. Instead, you got to meet them where they’re at – providing content that helps them decide to finally do something about their dis-ease.
Working with integrative health practitioners, I oftentimes ask them where their prospective patients are stuck – what stops them from moving forward on their health journey.
And once we get clear on the particular stumbling blocks, we help them create what we call a “lead magnet” – a report, checklist, guide, video or quiz that helps their prospective patients get past that initial obstacle, getting them one step closer to their desired health destination.
Imagine a guide like “Fat? Fatigued? Forgetful? Maybe your hormones are to blame”.
Or “4 questions to ask before starting hormone replacement therapy”
Can you see how that’s appealing to a very specific set of women, likely 35-50 with hormonal imbalances?
And that leads me to the third requirement for your website: you need to collect visitors email address… because that’s the only way you’re going to be able to deliver the next 10 touch points after they leave your website.
Remember, only 2% of your first-time website visitors are likely ready to set up an appointment with you, so we need to further nurture the remaining 98% with emails and videos to the point where they too know, love and trust you enough to request that initial phone consultation.
In the next video, I’ll talk more about what to say in those emails and videos, but if you want to learn more on how to change the language on your website so you appeal much stronger to your ideal patients and get them to delightfully give you their email address, then join me for my training on “how we help practitioners become known for their expertise”.
So if you enjoyed this content and you want more of it, make sure you go ahead and…
- Join our free Facebook Group (Predictable Patient Flow)
- And if you would like to connect with our team, save your slot for a complimentary strategy session
If you want other practitioners just like you be able to access this information, this knowledge, make sure to you use the share buttons below to share it with someone that means the most to you.
Remember, as practitioners, it’s our job help more people understand what we do, allowing us to evolve the future of healthcare.