Today's patients are more sophisticated consumers than ever… and a big factor in choosing their health practitioner is not just the quality of your services, but also the quality of their overall experience with your practice.
Putting them at the center when you create your website is probably the simplest way to make a patient-friendly website. But if we can dissect it further – because there are a couple more things you need to keep in mind when crafting your website.
#1 - Meet Your Patients Where They’re At
Too many websites only focus on the 2-3% of visitors that are ready to transact with you RIGHT NOW (they might be warm referrals from providers or previous patients), rather than the 40-50% of visitors that are ready to become a patient in the NEXT 90 DAYS (but are currently on the fence).
Thus, ensure that your website has calls to action (CTA) that meet a variety of visitor needs:
- CTAs for free discovery call
- CTAs for optins (instant webinars, lead magnets, practice introduction webinars)
- CTAs to consume more content (video blogs, follow social media)
#2 - Speak To An Eigth-Grader
You may have all the information your patient needs, but if it is not arranged (or verbalized) in a way that a typical patient will understand, it will be hard for them to navigate.
In last week's Marketing Minute, I talked about the importance of a good content structure. Communicating the right things to your patients the right way is very important to their user experience.
#3 - Technology-Smart
Deploy a mix of the right tools and technologies. From appointment scheduling, to accessing your EMR, digital intake forms, your online store – the right combination of tools can sometimes improve patient-doctor relationships and even improve clinical outcomes.
However, It’s important to separate the “must-have” features from the “nice-to-haves” early on, so you don’t waste time considering solutions that don’t fit your patient's needs or that cost too much.
#4 - Mobile-Responsive & Fast Speed
Finally, ensure that your website is mobile-responsive and fast-loading… both of which play into a great consumer experience, and ultimately better SEO. In this context, hosting platforms like Wix lag behind, so it might be time to upgrade.
Ready To Schedule Your FREE Website Review?
If you’d like our team’s feedback on your website, schedule a complimentary strategy session and let's talk about how you can create a more patient-friendly website.
So if you enjoyed this content, please…
- Check out the video on the 3 mistakes to avoid with your practice website
- Check out the video on how to optimize your practice website for SEO
- Check out the video on How To Boost Consumer Confidence Into Your Practice...
- Join our free Facebook Group (Predictable Patient Flow) full of like-minded practitioners on a similar journey to more freedom & sanity...
- Watch my on-demand masterclass with the 5-Step Strategy To Attract & Nurture 30+ New Patient Prospects Every Month (On Autopilot)
- If you would like to connect with our team, save your slot for a complimentary strategy session
If you want other practitioners just like you to be able to access this information, this knowledge, make sure to use the share buttons below to share it with someone that means the most to you. Remember, as practitioners, it’s our job to help more people understand what we do, allowing us to evolve the future of healthcare.